As the weather turns warmer, many of us are turning our attention towards the garden.
Gardening in the UK can be a challenge thanks to our less than desirable level of rainfall and chilly temperatures.
During the summer months, however, our gardens become a hive of activity to entertain both family and friends.
There are some people who are blessed with the ‘green-finger’ gene. Their gardens are immaculate all year round and summer provides endless excuses to show off its beauty.
These green-fingered gurus aren’t always that different from the rest of us. We all need a little encouragement and inspiration from time to time to help us discover our garden’s true potential.
That’s where blogging comes in. In this day and age you can find a blog for pretty much anything on the Internet and gardening is no exception.
Whether you need advice on the best time of year to grow particular vegetables or inspiration for your next landscaping venture, somebody is bound to have covered it in their blog.
Of course, having so many different gardening blogs can be daunting and many of us are left wondering where to begin.
To give you a hand, here is a list of the top 10 gardening blogs:
10) https://joanne-orangecottages.blogspot.com/ – This blog by Joanne shows pictures of her garden throughout the year. Although it has fewer words in comparison to pictures, Joanne’s blog still provides inspiring images to help others develop and transform their gardens.
9) https://veggies-only.blogspot.com/ – Allotments are gaining popularity across England, particularly in the bigger cities like London and Manchester. This blog is perfect for those who aren’t lucky enough to have a garden but still want to pursue gardening as a hobby. It is very informative, particularly on topics such as problems that affect the growth of vegetables that can be utilised by allotment holders and gardeners alike.
8) https://gardentherapy.ca/ – This blog is both informal and educational. Providing an insight into the gardening world, it also offers inspirational recipes and craft ideas. Gardentherapy offers information on how to be an organic gardener as well tips to get rid of garden pests. This is a great blog for anyone who is just starting out and wants to be creative with their garden.
7) https://www.studiogblog.com/ – This is a great blog if you are looking to become part of an online gardening community. Studio G is run by three women and offers everything from informative events where gardeners can get together to advertising for gardening companies that will benefit the blog readers. You can find almost anything on this blog including garden design ideas and seasonal information. It is definitely a good one if you are seeking some inspiration.
6) https://www.garden-of-eatin.com/ – This blog is great for those who are looking to grow their own produce. Not only does it offer tips on where to start with growing fruit and vegetables, it also provides recipes for food you can make with the food you grew in your very own garden.
5) https://www.coldclimategardening.com/ – It is a stereotype that people who live in cold climates can’t have gardens. This blog not only proves that idea wrong but also offers tips and advice to those who would like to start a garden in a colder climate area.
4) https://www.gardeningtipsnideas.com/ – This blog does exactly what it says on the tin. It has interesting and lightly written articles on gardening for beginners as well as a wealth of inspiration for all types of garden and gardener. It should definitely be on your list of blogs to check out if you are looking for something new and exciting.
3) https://www.gardeninggonewild.com/ – Gardening Gone Wild has a vast array of information that will keep gardeners and readers amused for hours. It offers tips and ‘garden musings’ as well as displaying a colourful array of garden photographs to inspire readers.
2) https://gardenrant.com/ – Garden Rant is all the fun of gardening wrapped up into one blog. It’s casual and laid back feel makes it easily accessible for both novice and expert gardeners and easily caters to fit different audiences.
1) https://awaytogarden.com/ – The number one spot goes to this great blog, ‘a way to garden’. It has something for everyone, including a section on when to plant seeds and recipes to try. It has an extensive FAQs section and even has radio podcasts. This blog really is the go to blog if you are looking to take up gardening as a new hobby or if you have been doing it for years and would like to learn something new.